WHO WE ARE
Communities on the margins of opportunity deserve a trusted partner on their journey towards financial growth and stability. As a locally invested, collaborative partner in social justice and financial equity, Community Vision provides nonprofits, small businesses, and social enterprises with strategic investment and guidance, to deepen work, scale impact, and strengthen our communities.
We know that supporting community-owned and community-governed projects creates shared prosperity and builds collective, and self-directed, economic and political power. This position will put you at the forefront of exciting organizational growth and the re-envisioning of how we carry out our work; creating greater efficiency internally and deeper impact externally.
Community Vision is dedicated to anti-racist practices and to building an anti-racist organization. This includes treating colleagues with respect, supporting the vision of the organization, and acting as ambassadors of our values.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for monitoring Community Vision’s activities to help ensure compliance with applicable policies, regulations and ethical expectations. The Compliance Manager will focus on compliance for multiple grant and loan sources, regular reporting, maintaining loan data, overseeing loan transaction data entry, loan closing checklist review, tracking loan client outcomes and reporting to multiple government agencies and funders.
The Compliance Manager and reporting infractions, review Community Vision’s policies for potential risk and research legal requirements for new initiatives (with the assistance of outside counsel as needed). The candidate will need a solid background in statistical, analytical and organizational skills. Candidates should possess the ability to collaborate and build partnerships with multiple departments within the organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Prepare and promptly submit accurate compliance reports required by investors, funders and regulatory bodies.
- Monitor changes in regulations and requirements at both the State and Federal levels that impact the organization’s lending and other operations.
- Monitor and resolve OFAC violations.
- Manage annual lender’s license and securities permit renewals.
- Manage business license renewals and related reporting requirements.
- State Charity licensing.
- Collaborate with VP, Internal Relations and VP, Finance regarding business and professional liability insurance decisions.
- Design and implement an effective internal audit function in key risk areas.
- Ensure auditors have access to all information they require to complete financial audit, internal control reviews, and government audits as required.
- Regularly audit the loan portfolio for performance, quality, risk, and exceptions, amd provide policy and procedure recommendations based on findings.
- Ensure the highest level of data security and controls, including with all related vendors.
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure all shared risks are effectively managed.
- Designing and coordinating the preparation and ongoing review of policies, procedures, training materials and other communication tools to ensure departments meet compliance requirements.
- Ensure staff are fully trained on compliance risks, processes, and procedures.
- Respond to Ratings Agency Request.
- Manage New Market Tax Credit, CDFI fund, and other tax credit reporting requirements.
- Monitor and track loan collateral, monitor and comply with covenants and reporting requirements for borrowed capital as well as for city, state, and federal grant programs.
- Review and assess potential fraud activity and develop fraud detection tools.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Advanced degree in law or MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years combined regulatory compliance and/or legal experience in the areas of servicing and collections of unsecured and/or secured consumer loans.
- Strong knowledge of industry processes and regulations.
- Excellent communicator, with in-depth knowledge of the latest industry procedures and regulations.
- Prior experience in working with the implementation of a Loan Management System from a compliance perspective.
- Experience in documenting processes/process mapping.
- In-depth knowledge of federal and state consumer credit laws and regulations servicing and collections of consumer loans.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment in development of compliance solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills, including the ability to persuade and influence a broad spectrum of constituents at all levels, including Executive management.
- Strong collaborative skills and experience leading and working in a multi-layered functional environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and respond quickly to a changing environment.
- Spanish fluency (written and verbal) is a plus.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
The Compliance Manager is a full-time exempt position. This position reports to the Vice President, Internal Relations. The salary for this position is between $125,000 – $140,000 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include: 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees and a contribution towards dependent coverage, dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, transportation and cell phone subsidies, employer contributions towards retirement savings, three weeks’ vacation, and a commitment to work/life balance. Occasional evenings and out of area travel may be necessary. Position involves regular computer and telephone use plus some minimal lifting. The position can be based at either of Community Vision’s offices in San Francisco or Oakland. All staff are working remotely until further notice.
Community Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing applicants and employees with a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Community Vision are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. Community Vision will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants with these characteristics to apply.