WHO WE ARE
Communities on the margins of opportunity deserve a trusted partner on their journey towards financial growth and stability. As a locally invested, collaborative partner in social justice and financial equity, Community Vision provides nonprofits, small businesses, and social enterprises with strategic investment and guidance, to deepen work, scale impact, and strengthen our communities.
We know that supporting community-owned and community-governed projects creates shared prosperity and builds collective, and self-directed, economic and political power. This position will put you at the forefront of exciting organizational growth and the re-envisioning of how we carry out our work; creating greater efficiency internally and deeper impact externally.
Community Vision is dedicated to anti-racist practices and to building an anti-racist organization. This includes treating colleagues with respect, supporting the vision of the organization, and acting as ambassadors of our values.
The Content Developer will create, write and manage all content for Community Vision. They will be responsible for writing and editing for press releases, media alerts, blogs, speeches, human interest stories, key messages, talking points for staff, and video scripts.
The Content Developer should have experience in branding and social networking with an analytical mindset. They must be proficient in writing and editing, be able to evaluate the performance of published content and identify areas of improvement, and be highly organized.
The Content Developer will have to ensure that the work that is being produced is within brand guidelines and has been Quality Assured. As the Content Developer, you should be highly technical, creative, and have great presentation skills. You will be asked to research, write and edit internal and external publications, white papers, brochures and other collateral materials.
The Content Developer must have a strong writing style, the ability to adapt tone and level of difficulty for various audiences, provide advice on graphic content, and help to develop concepts for written materials that may be needed and consult with others to provide guidance on written priorities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Pitch content ideas for our website, landing page, blog, social media platforms, and newsletter to the Director of Communications, and Digital Producer.
- Collaborate with the External Relations team to brainstorm and develop creative content ideas.
- Create unique, user-friendly, and informative content while adhering to Community Vision’s best practices.
- Edit and update content from other staff when necessary.
- Check the quality and accuracy of content prior to publication.
- Publish and promote content on numerous social media outlets.
- Analyze the performance of content based on multiple KPIs, such as unique pageviews, conversion rates, and the average time on page.
- Identify content setbacks and effectiveness, and determine the best content strategy moving forward.
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy for websites, press releases and media alerts, social media and more.
- Assist the Director of Communications and Digital Producer with television, radio, print and online advertising and marketing.
- Develop social media advertising solutions.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or relevant field (preferred).
- 3+ years experience in marketing or journalism.
- Knowledgeable writer and editor.
- Experience in all current social media marketing including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Mailchimp, etc.
- Self starter with team attitude as well as the ability to work independently, utilizing sound judgment in a high-demand/multi-task environment.
- Experience with Google Ads and other digital advertising is a plus.
- Familiarity with content strategy and project management methodology.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of the community development environment in both urban and rural areas of Northern and Central California.
- Understanding of issues of economic and racial equity in affordable housing development, and/or other areas of economic development.
- Nonprofit experience or experience with community organizations is a plus.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
The Content Developer is a full-time exempt position. This position reports to the Director of Communications. The salary for this position is between $70,040 – $87,500 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include: 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees and a contribution towards dependent coverage, dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, transportation and cell phone subsidies, employer contributions towards retirement savings, three weeks’ vacation, and a commitment to work/life balance. Occasional evenings and out of area travel may be necessary. The position involves regular computer and telephone use plus some minimal lifting. The position can be based at either of Community Vision’s offices in San Francisco or Oakland. All staff are working remotely until further notice.
Community Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing applicants and employees with a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Community Vision are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. Community Vision will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants with these characteristics to apply.