WHO WE ARE
Communities on the margins of opportunity deserve a trusted partner on their journey towards financial growth and stability. As a locally invested, collaborative partner in social justice and financial equity, Community Vision provides nonprofits, small businesses, and social enterprises with strategic investment and guidance, to deepen work, scale impact, and strengthen our communities.
We know that supporting community-owned and community-governed projects creates shared prosperity and builds collective, and self-directed, economic and political power. This position will put you at the forefront of exciting organizational growth and the re-envisioning of how we carry out our work; creating greater efficiency internally and deeper impact externally.
Community Vision is dedicated to anti-racist practices and to building an anti-racist organization. This includes treating colleagues with respect, supporting the vision of the organization, and acting as ambassadors of our values.
Community Vision’s Real Estate Solutions team provides customized technical assistance and advising in two key areas — financial management and real estate consulting services — to community-based nonprofits rooted in and serving communities on the margin of opportunity. Further, with the support of external funders, we administer a range of grantmaking programs that support community-based real estate related projects.
The Grants & Contracts Analyst is a multifaceted position that works regularly with all Department members, collaborates regularly with our External Relations and Finance Departments, our funders, and our clients and grantees. The position supports the implementation of Community Vision’s multi-million dollar grant funded consulting and grantmaking programs by overseeing the administration, compliance and billing related to our government contracts and foundation grants as well as our client and grantee contracting and data collection. The work includes setting up tracking systems for new contracts/grant awards; tracking progress to grant/contract goals and monitoring balances; pulling consultant hours to prepare and submit invoices; managing client contracting process; collecting, inputting and distilling client and grantee organizational/demographic data; analyzing all department data for alignment between funding sources and program activities; and drafting reports. This role requires curiosity, critical thinking skills, a high degree of accuracy, and superior attention to detail.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Funder Grants and Contracts
- Lead and manage compliance for all department programmatic grants and contracts.
- Support new grant/contract award process by setting up tracking systems in alignment with program goals and funder requirements.
- Actively monitor deliverables, grant/contract balances, and performance goals.
- Prepare all grant and contract invoices for submission to the appropriate agencies.
- Ensure all reports, invoices, modification, and renewals are in compliance with schedules stipulated in the grant or contract awards.
- Draft both narrative and graphic reports in partnership with relevant staff/departments.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure grant and contract records are accurate and consistent.
- Gather needed organizational/demographic information and enter information into Salesforce, time tracking software, and other relevant databases.
- Work with consulting staff to prepare client contracts and manage the execution process.
- Lead the collection and processing of client impact data including collecting client/grantees demographics and consult/grant outcomes.
- Manage awardees reimbursement process and invoicing to funders.
- Monitor and follow-up with clients who have past due accounts.
- Develop and maintain a database of real estate and nonprofit support service providers for client referrals.
Real Estate Solutions Program Administration
- Manage time-tracking software, run billing hour reports, prepare data for invoicing, and create invoices for distribution.
- Collaborate with the External Relations team on all department data gathering, use, sharing, maintenance and/or purging for impact reports and funder investor communications.
- Regularly report on grants and contract performance to department staff and organizational leadership.
- Think creatively about new ways of working and raise them for discussion.
- Analyze efficiency of current program operations and business processes and make detailed recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in program and policy development, providing feedback and workflow analysis.
- Pursue professional development opportunities and maintain needed job knowledge, skills and competencies by participating in educational programs and learning networks.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of experience through combined educational or professional experience in one of the following fields: grants/contract management, nonprofit management, nonprofit accounting/bookkeeping.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Curious problem solver who likes to get things to balance.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Ability to produce professional quality work that meets agreed upon deadlines.
- Strong team player skills and ability to work in a cooperative and diverse environment.
- Understanding of and ability to work with a range of nonprofit clients which reflect the diversity of the Bay Area, Central and Northern California.
- Prior accounting/bookkeeping experience is a plus.
- Interest in community real estate or nonprofit finance management is a plus.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
The Grants & Contracts Analyst is a full-time non-exempt position. This position reports to the Vice President of Real Estate Solutions. The salary for this position is between $70,040 – $87,550 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include: 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees and a contribution towards dependent coverage, dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, transportation and cell phone subsidies, employer contributions towards retirement savings, three weeks’ vacation, and a commitment to work/life balance. Occasional evenings and out of area travel may be necessary. The position involves regular computer and telephone use plus some minimal lifting. The position can be based at either of Community Vision’s offices in San Francisco or Oakland. All staff are working remotely until January 2022.
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Grants & Contracts Analyst. Cover letters should discuss your interest in the position and in working at Community Vision. For full consideration please submit by November 16, 2021. Position will remain open until filled.
Click here to download a PDF of this job description.
Community Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing applicants and employees with a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Community Vision are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. Community Vision will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants with these characteristics to apply.