WHO WE ARE
Communities on the margins of opportunity deserve a trusted partner on their journey towards financial growth and stability. As a locally invested, collaborative partner in social justice and financial equity, Community Vision provides nonprofits, small businesses, and social enterprises with strategic investment and guidance, to deepen work, scale impact, and strengthen our communities.
We know that supporting community-owned and community-governed projects creates shared prosperity and builds collective, and self-directed, economic and political power. This position will put you at the forefront of exciting organizational growth and the re-envisioning of how we carry out our work; creating greater efficiency internally and deeper impact externally.
Community Vision is dedicated to anti-racist practices and to building an anti-racist organization. This includes treating colleagues with respect, supporting the vision of the organization, and acting as ambassadors of our values.
The Human Resources Coordinator performs a variety of special projects and administrative duties related to organizing, coordinating, and maintaining personnel records. The Human Resources Coordinator assists with general administration regarding benefits, payroll, training, legal compliance, and other Human Resource issues. They assist the Director of Human Resources with recruitment, maintain employee records, and provide administrative support to all employees.
The Human Resources Coordinator will handle our data to include proactive reporting to ensure that none of our processes create adverse impact. This includes answering all audit requests and ensuring HR data integrity and accuracy. The Human Resources Coordinator acts as the technical resource for all HR systems, including the applicant tracking and onboarding system, the performance management and evaluation system (Culture Amp), and all other talent management systems assigned.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a member of Community Vision’s Internal Relations team, and reports to, and works closely with, the organization’s Director of Human Resources.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Analyze various information requests to coordinate gathering required documents and related data from key stakeholders.
- Submit reports and data requests in accordance with applicable instructions and required platforms.
- Assist with all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests and maintain a tracker that shows how, and which, data is gathered for various reporting requirements.
- Identify process improvements for gathering data needed for reporting, and responses to other requests.
- Work closely with Director of Human Resources to manage sourcing, interviewing, and new employee onboarding.
- Coordinate the delivery of sexual harassment training as required by local and state law.
- Maintain all personnel records, including creating and updating e-personnel files and respond to records and data requests, as needed,
- Coordinate the delivery of quarterly and annual performance reviews, assessment of healthcare information, and investigation of work-related accidents.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks, and issuing employment contracts.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events and maintain agendas.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist with ad-hoc HR projects.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
- Orient new employees to Department policies, practices, procedures, compensation, and benefits; monitor filing of personnel records; maintain personnel files and ensure the confidentiality of their content.
- Track basic demographic and address data, compensation, deductions, and insurance participation, and savings and retirement programs.
- Enroll employees in benefit programs; processes changes in benefits as requested; administer and keep benefits packages up-to-date; notify employees of changes to benefits packages.
- Maintain records of employee insurance benefits; conduct benefit open enrollment meetings; monitor payment of premium by employees to verify and match enrollments to premiums paid.
- Maintain personal employment histories for each employee to track salary, status, ranges, and responsibilities; process request for salary change forms; provide payroll department with changes to compensation packages; help assure accuracy of payroll; perform correction process as needed to resolve errors.
- Support other assigned functions.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of experience as an HR Coordinator or administrative assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Exposure to Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Effective HR administration and people management skills.
- Exposure to payroll practices.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; have strong organizational skills and eye for detail; establish and maintain effective working relationships with administration, co-workers, and the public.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and various program applications; modern office practice and procedures; telephone etiquette; document management, filing procedures and methodologies; English composition, spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
The Human Resources Coordinator is a full-time non-exempt position. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources. The salary for this position is between $60,000 – $75,000 annually, depending on experience and if outside of the Bay Area salary will be adjusted based on cost of living of the region. Benefits include: 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees and a contribution towards dependent coverage, dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, transportation and cell phone subsidies, employer contributions towards retirement savings, three weeks’ vacation, and a commitment to work/life balance. Occasional evenings and out of area travel may be necessary. The position involves regular computer and telephone use plus some minimal lifting. The position can be based at either of Community Vision’s offices in San Francisco or Oakland. All staff are working remotely until further notice.
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Human Resources Coordinator. Cover letters should discuss your interest in the position and in working at Community Vision. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
Click here to download a PDF of this job description.
Community Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing applicants and employees with a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Community Vision are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. Community Vision will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants with these characteristics to apply.