WHO WE ARE
Communities on the margins of opportunity deserve a trusted partner on their journey towards financial growth and stability. As a locally invested, collaborative partner in social justice and financial equity, Community Vision provides nonprofits, small businesses, and social enterprises with strategic investment and guidance, to deepen work, scale impact, and strengthen our communities.
We know that supporting community-owned and community-governed projects creates shared prosperity and builds collective, and self-directed, economic and political power. This position will put you at the forefront of exciting organizational growth and the re-envisioning of how we carry out our work; creating greater efficiency internally and deeper impact externally.
Community Vision is dedicated to anti-racist practices and to building an anti-racist organization. This includes treating colleagues with respect, supporting the vision of the organization, and acting as ambassadors of our values.
The Salesforce Administrator/Business Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of Community Vision’s database. Working closely with fundraising, program management and marketing staff, the administrator will identify, develop and deploy new business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, part Salesforce analyst and 100% dedicated to our mission.
The Salesforce Administrator is considered a leader who has in-depth knowledge on how Community Vision functions. They assist in making all the departments successful with the help of process automation.
They will ensure that Community Vision capitalizes on the benefits offered by the Salesforce CRM system along with training staff to keep them up-to-date. The Salesforce Administrator will solve challenging business problems and work against inefficiency by providing innovative solutions that improve productivity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for adding and managing new users, including monitoring user roles, profiles, and permissions
- Perform database upgrades and ongoing maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing
- Manage the user experience and setup of user interfaces, including fields, custom objects, record types, and page layouts
- Create reports and dashboards in response to business needs
- Implement processes to advance data quality, including validations, assignment rules, duplicate entry checks, workflows, etc.
- Import leads, contacts, and other data via Data Import Wizard and Data Loader
- Provide periodic training and support to staff
- Review and test systems to ensure they support the ever changing business lines of the organization and produce quality data outputs
- Maintain a relationship with our outsourced IT vendor to balance their scope of work Salesforce work planning and the organization’s needs
- Document processes, including error reports and changes to field history tables
- Collaborate with program staff in setting annual impact objectives and analyzing impact performance
- Develop “Deep Dive” impact reports for internal staff, board members, funders and investors as needed
- Manage and develop impact screening tools and processes across organization program areas
- Analyze retrospective data to determine if projects supported by Community Vision achieved anticipated outcomes
- Partner with programs to provide data that will assist guide decision making, as needed
- Ensure internal systems provide real time data, are user friendly, capture all required data, and are used consistently by program staff
- Provide data analysis of portfolio scores to inform strategy and planning, and collaborate with the External Relations department in support of marketing materials, e.g. blog posts, newsletters, brochures, grant applications, reports and other material as needed
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or an operations related field would be advantageous
- Salesforce certified administrator (ADM 201) or Salesforce advanced administrator certification (ADM 202)
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce Nonprofit Service Pack (NPSP) a plus
- 4+ years of experience as a Salesforce administrator in a similar environment
- Extensive experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems, including adding and training users, managing profiles and permissions, performing upgrades, monitoring security and integrating apps
- Extensive experience with Salesforce data management, including creating and updating fields, page layouts, custom objects, reports and dashboards to support business processes and needs
- Knowledge of Data Loader and Data Import Wizard
- Experience with entering and extracting information in databases
- Experience with automation a plus
- High attention to detail
- Experience compiling data analysis and program evaluation
- Well organized and self-motivated with good time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and facilitation skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe, and Google Drive
- Ability to produce quality work that meets agreed-upon deadlines
- Motivate users and provide user engagement with creative facilitation and a high regard for user experience
- Exceptional analysis skills with a lot of patience and energy
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
The Salesforce Administrator/Business Analyst is a full-time non-exempt position. This position reports to the Vice President, Internal Relations. The salary for this position is between $75,000 – $90,000 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include: 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees and a contribution towards dependent coverage, dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, transportation and cell phone subsidies, employer contributions towards retirement savings, three weeks’ vacation, and a commitment to work/life balance. Occasional evenings and out of area travel may be necessary. The position involves regular computer and telephone use plus some minimal lifting. The position can be based at either of Community Vision’s offices in San Francisco or Oakland. All staff are working remotely until further notice.
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Salesforce Administrator/Business Analyst. Cover letters should discuss your interest in the position and in working at Community Vision. Position will remain open until filled.
For more information on our programs and services, please visit our website at: communityvisionca.org.
Community Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing applicants and employees with a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Community Vision are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. Community Vision will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants with these characteristics to apply.