WHO WE ARE
Communities on the margins of opportunity deserve a trusted partner on their journey towards financial growth and stability. As a locally invested, collaborative partner in social justice and financial equity, Community Vision provides nonprofits, small businesses, and social enterprises with strategic investment and guidance, to deepen work, scale impact, and strengthen our communities.
We know that supporting community-owned and community-governed projects creates shared prosperity and builds collective, and self-directed, economic and political power. This position will put you at the forefront of exciting organizational growth and the re-envisioning of how we carry out our work; creating greater efficiency internally and deeper impact externally.
Community Vision is dedicated to anti-racist practices and to building an anti-racist organization. This includes treating colleagues with respect, supporting the vision of the organization, and acting as ambassadors of our values.
The Senior Advisor is a newly created position that will provide high-level strategic support to the President and Executive Staff in planning, executing, and ensuring the success of Community Vision. The Senior Advisor provides organizational leadership and supports the management of the organization, including implementation of strategic objectives and organizational initiatives. The Senior Advisor works collaboratively with department leadership to help ensure streamlined operations throughout the organization. The Senior Advisor will also support the President in effectively managing internal and external relationships, to accomplish the organization’s priorities. They will manage a number of high-priority projects, and may supervise selected staff as assigned.
The Senior Advisor will also serve as a thought partner to the President and Executive Staff as they build and execute key programmatic areas, and helps to ensure that the organization’s programming reaches scale. The Senior Advisor is responsible for tracking, analyzing, and providing advice on the full range of operational, program, and policy issues of Community Vision. Specific responsibilities fall broadly under four categories: Analysis and Guidance on Strategy, Organizational Growth and Organizational Design, New Program Work, Liaison/Internal Coordination and Administration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as a strategic advisor to the President on programmatic and organizational work with a focus on the President’s priority areas of work.
- Oversee preparation of plans, reports, notes and other internal and external products and materials as needed and assigned, in support of the work with the President. This will involve working directly and sometimes delegating work to appropriate Executive Staff.
- Effectively manage, track, and drive the follow-up to the President’s critical meetings with external and internal relationships.
- Work with the President, and Executive Staff to prioritize, oversee, and drive the President’s key projects and work areas.
- Accompany the President to appropriate high-level meetings, managing and delegating key follow up within Community Vision.
- As appropriate, represent the President and the organization at key internal and external meetings and gatherings. Among the key relationships are Board Members, major funders, key elected officials and partners.
- Coordinate and oversee the execution of projects and/or engagements that will position the organization to undertake strategic planning.
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization to continuously refine and implement the organization’s diversity, racial equity, and inclusion strategy as it relates to workplace practices, programming and external relationships.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 7-10 years of non profit management experience, with a preference for direct experience with CDFIs or impact investing.
- Proven record as a forward-thinking leader with a strong network of colleagues and associates in relevant fields and an established interest in the best practices of CDFIs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically, work effectively with a Board, and build internal and external support.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior attention to detail.
- High level of diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Commitment to advancing economic and racial justice.
- Strong team player with the capacity to be resourceful and flexible.
- Understanding of and ability to work with a range of nonprofit clients which reflect the diversity of the Bay Area, Central and Northern California.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Advisor is a part-time (80%) non-exempt position. This position reports to the President. The salary for this position is between $116,000 – $140,000 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include: 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees and a contribution towards dependent coverage, dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, transportation and cell phone subsidies, employer contributions towards retirement savings, three weeks’ vacation, and a commitment to work/life balance. Occasional evenings and out of area travel may be necessary. The position involves regular computer and telephone use plus some minimal lifting. The position can be based at either of Community Vision’s offices in San Francisco or Oakland. All staff are working remotely until further notice.
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Senior Advisor. Cover letters should discuss your interest in the position and in working at Community Vision. For full consideration please submit by January 14, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.
Click here to download a PDF of this job description.
Community Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing applicants and employees with a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Community Vision are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. Community Vision will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants with these characteristics to apply.