As a leading mission-driven lender, Community Vision provides creative capital solutions of all sizes to support community-based organizations and small businesses with the resources they need to strengthen, stabilize, and thrive.
We are committed to offering vital support that places our clients on a path toward equitable financial opportunity. We provide fair access to multiple forms of capital and together, we identify and create a strong strategy for securing the necessary resources for your organization’s goals.
We fill the gap for communities with low financial wealth who have been systemically limited in their access to the vital resources they need to obtain financial freedom. As partners, we work alongside our clients to foster revitalized, equitable, and vibrant communities.
We offer investment in the form of loans which range from $50,000 to $5 million. We finance working capital and real estate projects, offering more flexible terms than conventional lenders. Our flexible terms include bridge loans (short-term), lines of credit (an amount of credit extended to a borrower), and general working capital loans (supporting everyday operations) with interest rates between 5-7%.
We offer the following types of loans:
- Business Loans – Term loans to grow an existing business.
- Commercial Real Estate Loans – Loans to acquire, build, or renovate community-serving commercial spaces.
- Operating Lines of Credit – Loans to help nonprofits and small businesses manage short-term cash flow.
All applicants must:
- Be located within Northern and Central California.
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to meet the terms of the proposed loan.
- Demonstrate deep community roots and focus on amplifying visions for their own communities.
Up to 10 years
Lines of Credit
12 months (renewable)
Up to 90%
Real Estate: 5.75%-6.25%
1.5%-2% including application, commitment, and closing.
Real estate preferred but will consider other types of collateral. Subordination to conventional lenders considered.
Step 1: Initial Inquiry. Community Vision aims to respond to initial inquiries within one week.
- Applicant completes online inquiry form
- Community Vision contacts applicant for a brief conversation to learn more
- Community Vision either requests more information or lets applicant know that request is not a good fit at this time
Step 2: Additional Information Requested.
Community Vision requests additional information from applicant:
- Management and board information
- Additional project details
- Additional social impact details
Community Vision either invites applicant to complete full application or lets applicant know that request is not a good fit at this time.
Step 3: Full Application. Time to complete full application varies depending on the complexity of the project.
If it appears that Community Vision may be able to meet your needs, Community Vision invites applicant to complete full application:
- Community Vision provides applicant with term sheet
- Community Vision provides applicant with full loan application and checklist
Applicant begins full application:
- Signed term sheet with application deposit should be returned ASAP
- Applicant works through application, submitting items as they are ready
- Community Vision reviews application items as they are submitted to expedite process
Step 4: Underwriting, Credit Approval, and Closing. This step can take 4-8 weeks, depending on the complexity of the project.
- When Community Vision has received the full loan application including all checklist items, your assigned loan officer will begin analyzing the loan for credit approval
- Your loan officer will have questions for you during this process
- You will be kept updated regarding timing and status as the underwriter works through the process
- If the loan is approved, you will receive an official commitment letter, and Community Vision will work with you to obtain the additional information needed to close the loan