The Senior Development Associate is responsible for managing fundraising for Community Vision. The ideal candidate will have a development background in securing major gifts, and handling a robust fundraising portfolio of donors.
The Senior Development Associate supports the department functions including institutional giving, individual donor development, event planning, information systems, and managing development staff as appropriate.
The Development Associate also partners with their colleagues to support marketing, and communications and investor relations, including strategies for securing new investments.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Works with the VP, External Relations to identify, cultivate, and solicit foundation and corporate contributions
- Coordinates multi-step processing of grant agreements, payments, proposals and reports, including facilitating timely approval, signature, and submission of agreements, generating acknowledgment letters, and maintaining electronic and paper files
- Conducts grant administration, coordinating with the finance team and relevant program departments to prepare and track grant proposals and report
- Accurately updates and maintains the development grants management system in Salesforce and tracks details on and deadlines for LOIs, proposals, reports, and pending submissions
- Leads and/or provides support to grant reporting and proposal development processes
- Contributes to pipeline development of prospective funders by researching and identifying new prospects, including foundation and corporate sources
- Maintains and supports engagement plans for the cultivation and solicitation of prospects
- Ensures that written, funder-facing materials are high quality and assists in crafting new, engaging content that communicates our impact and inspires and aligns Community Vision staff and funders
- Ensures that development records are maintained and updated in the Salesforce database
- Generates fundraising reports as needed
- Updates development and organizational process and systems documents as needed
- Contributes feedback and analysis for the fundraising plan and associated activities
- Contributes insights and innovation to organization-wide strategic and development planning
- Ensures that their work supports and aligns with the organization’s mission, values and brand
- Works with department staff to evaluate system and strategy effectiveness, making contributions to ongoing development and improvement of the department’s work
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 5+ years relevant experience working in fund development, ideally in a nonprofit
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to represent the organization at public events
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building and network development skills
- Experience coordinating or supporting events
- Comfortable working in a database and experience working in several different technical platforms
- Ability to work in a team environment, contributing ideas and supporting colleagues
- Additional training in development and non-profit management preferred
- Expert attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Development Associate is a full-time exempt position. This position reports to the VP, External Relations. The salary for this position is between $100,000 – $115,000 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include: 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees and a contribution towards dependent coverage, dental insurance, long-term disability and life insurance, transportation and cell phone subsidies, employer contributions towards retirement savings, three weeks’ vacation, and a commitment to work/life balance. Occasional evenings and out of area travel may be necessary. The position involves regular computer and telephone use plus some minimal lifting. The position can be based at either of Community Vision’s offices in San Francisco or Oakland. All staff are working remotely until further notice.
Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Subject line should read: Senior Development Associate. Cover letters should discuss your interest in the position and in working at Community Vision. Position will remain open until filled.
For more information on our programs and services, please visit our website at: communityvisionca.org.
Community Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing applicants and employees with a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Community Vision are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. Community Vision will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants with these characteristics to apply.