The Sr. Loan Closing Administrator is pivotal to the success of the Lending and Finance Departments and operates in a collaborative, cooperative, team environment. They are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of loan documents and supporting the entirety of the closing process.
The Loan Closing Administrator prepares closing documentation in a timely and effective manner without error. The Loan Closing Administrator serves as the final auditor of loan documentation and prepares closing packages for execution.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Communicates with Loan Officers to ensure proper handoff and transition of responsibilities in a timely manner
- Communicates with Borrowers and serves as one of the primary points of contact for loan closings and disbursements
- Coordinates the closing and funding process in conjunction with the Director of Lending, Loan Officers, Borrowers, outside Legal Counsel, Title Officers, and other related parties
- Documents and reviews complex commercial loan transactions, including real estate, construction, and small business loans and lines of credit
- Assists in the preparation and review of materials related to New Markets Tax Credit financings and ensures closing and funding in an accurate and timely manner
- Reviews title reports, escrow instructions, surveys, appraisals, environmental reports, property condition reports, insurance, and other documents, ensuring compliance with loan closing requirements and loan policies
- Manages the closing requirements by identifying and recommending solutions to meet the needs of Community Vision and our Borrowers
- Ensures accurate, well-organized electronic loan files through loan closing and disbursement
- Processes funding disbursements and draw requests for line of credit, pre-development, and construction loans, ensuring proper documentation and compliance with loan conditions
- Maintains a working knowledge of loan policies and protocols as implemented and/or updated
- Maintains the loan portfolio management system (TEA) and related databases, through disbursement, including updates to the Salesforce database
- Collaborates with department colleagues to support monitoring and compliance assignments as called for by workflow
- Input and maintain accurate data into Community Vision’s systems of record related to role responsibilities
- Assists with training junior loan administrators, fostering a player-coach relationship
- Assists ad-hoc projects as assigned that may include industry research, product development, operational efficiency, compliance and reporting systems protocol, social impact tracking development, funding applications, or policy analysis
- Works collaboratively with other departments to manage information, reporting, and document preparation for various internal and external needs, funding requests, and compliance with investor covenants
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of experience in urban planning, economics or finance, etc.
- Direct mentoring experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience in documenting commercial loans and/or asset management, preferably in the fields of either community development or small business lending
- Experience with New Markets Tax Credit program and/or small business lending desired
- Understanding of and experience with one of our key areas of affordable housing, nonprofit community facilities, and/or food and enterprise lending desired
- Database skills (e.g. Salesforce) with a demonstrated proficiency in MS Office and Google Suites
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally and elicit confidence by demonstrating reliability and commitment to Community Vision’s mission and values.
- Knowledge of and experience working with nonprofit community-based organizations is desired
- Demonstrated ability to consistently multi-task and manage a varied and occasionally intense workload while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Experience in post-closing monitoring is a plus
- A high level of attention to detail and excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Loan Closing Administrator is a full-time, exempt position. This position reports to the Director of Lending. The salary for this position is between $80,000 – $123,500 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include 100% health insurance premium coverage for employees and a contribution towards dependent coverage, dental insurance, long-term disability, and life insurance, transportation and cell phone subsidies, employer contributions towards retirement savings, three weeks’ vacation, and a commitment to work/life balance. Occasional evenings and out-of-area travel may be necessary. The position involves a regular computer and telephone use plus some minimal lifting. The position can be based at either of Community Vision’s offices in San Francisco or Oakland. All staff are working remotely until further notice.
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Loan Closing Administrator. Cover letters should discuss your interest in the position and in working at Community Vision. Position will remain open until filled.
For more information on our programs and services, please visit our website at: communityvisionca.org.
Community Vision is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing applicants and employees with a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Community Vision are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. Community Vision will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants with these characteristics to apply.